National Chocolate Pudding Day
Triple-Chocolate Pudding Pie with Cappuccino Cream
Adapted from Bon Appetit
9 whole graham crackers
1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 1/2 cups half and half
4 large egg yolks
1 3/4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1 cup chilled whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Finely grind graham crackers, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add melted butter and blend to moisten crumbs. Firmly press mixture into 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Bake until crust sets, about 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whisk remaining sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in the half and half. Then whisk in the egg yolks. Whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and boils, whisking constantly, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the three chocolates and remaining butter; whisk until melted and smooth. Mix in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Transfer filling to the cooled crust. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of filling and chill until filling sets, at least 6 hours.
- Beat the whipping cream, powdered sugar, remaining vanilla extract, and espresso powder in large bowl until peaks form.
- Peel plastic off pie. Cut pie into wedges. Spoon dollop of cream atop each slice and serve.