National Fudge Day
From Brown Eyed Baker
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with wax paper and set aside.
- Place both chocolates and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure that the water is not boiling and that the bowl is not touching the water.
- Stir the mixture occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Stir in the vanilla extract and nuts.
- Spread fudge evenly in prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm. Cut when cool and firm.
- Fudge should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.