National Baked Scallops Day
Scallops Au Gratin
1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, divided and finely minced
Salt and Pepper
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
Whole wheat linguine
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and add the scallops.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, lemon juice, 2 garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Pat the breadcrumb mixture on top of the scallops. Sprinkle the tomatoes around the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until scallops are opaque and topping is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, steam the broccoli until crisp-tender. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cayenne pepper and saute for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the scallops alongside with the pasta and broccoli. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.