National Cereal Day
Adapted from Food Network
1 1/3 cups crispy rice cereal
2 1/4 cups mixed crackers and crostinis
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
4 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs or halved bone-in breasts (about 6 ounces each)
1/2 bunches scallions
Harissa, chili sauce or ketchup, for the sauce
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Set a rack on a foil-lined baking sheet and generously coat the rack with cooking spray.
- Finely grind the cereal, crackers, and crostinis in a food processor and transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the paprika, cayenne pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste and toss.
- Whisk 1/2 cup yogurt and the mustard in a shallow bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat, then transfer to the bag; seal and shake to coat. Place the chicken on the rack and mist with cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken until crisp and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees F, about 30 minutes. Toss the scallions with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil; place alongside the chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking,
- For the dipping sauce, mix the remaining 1 cup yogurt and harissa to taste in a bowl. Serve the chicken and scallions with the sauce.