National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day
After my cheesecake did not come out looking very appetizing, I read up on how to properly bake a cheesecake. I have revised the preparation instructions for this recipe to reflect that.
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Adapted from All Recipes
2 cups vanilla wafer cookies
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon white sugar, divided
¼ cup butter (½ stick), melted
1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
2 teaspoons cornstarch
½ cup water
2 cups white chocolate chips
¼ cup skim milk
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Line the inside of the pan with wax paper. Line the outside of the pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Add the vanilla wafers to a food processor and grind into crumbs. Transfer the cookie crumbs to a medium bowl and mix with 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to boil, and continue boiling 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with milk and heavy whipping cream, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Fill a high-rimmed baking sheet with 1-inch of water. Place the cheesecake pan in the water and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until filling is set. After baking, turn off the oven and allow the cheesecake to rest in the oven as for 1 hour. Do not open the oven during this time.
- After resting, cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake and remove from the pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce.