National Banana Bread Day
From Great Grandma Vicky
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (3 or 4 whole bananas)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer or a hand mixer. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing quickly. Stir in nuts.
- Bake in 2 small, well-greased loaf pans for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Completely cool on a wire rack before removing the bread from the pans.