National Irish Coffee Day
From Start Cooking
1 cup hot coffee
1 ounces Irish Whiskey, such as Jameson
2 teaspoons sugar
- Fill a glass mug with the coffee.
- Add the sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the whiskey. Amount can be varied according to taste.
- Pour the heavy cream over the back of a spoon so about 1/2 inch of cream floats on top of the coffee. The cream can be whisked to thicken and make it easier to pour without blending.
- The coffee is meant to be drank through the cream – the two layers should not blend together.
Easier said than done! The “pouring-the-cream-over-the-spoon” part is critical and not easy. When I tried, everything blended together immediately. I’m not posting a picture – mine ending up looking like a mocha. Oops!