January 17 – 23
The Food Holidays for the week of January 17 -23 are:
January 20 – National Buttercrunch Day
January 20 – National Cheese Lover’s Day
January 21 – National Granola Bar Day
January 21 – National New England Clam Chowder Day
January 22 – National Blonde Brownie Day
January 23 – National Pie Day
January 23 – National Rhubarb Pie Day
Thoughts on this week’s holidays:
- It’s a pretty easy week! Maybe I’ll spend that free time working out…?
- I’m choosing National Cheese Lover’s Day over National Buttercrunch Day. It will be nice to take a little break from the sweets. Plus, I think it will be cool to make my own cheese (goat cheese) and I will be able to use it for something else later in the week.
- I’m choosing National New England Clam Chowder Day over National Granola Bar Day. I LOVE clam chowder! Should I try to make some bread bowls too?
- I always loved the Blondie Brownie dessert at Applebee’s when I was younger, so my mom and I recreated it one day. Fantastic! Look for the recipe on National Blonde Brownie Day.
- Instead of choosing the typical rhubarb-strawberry pie dessert, I found a recipe for a savory rhubarb pie. I have never had rhubarb before and only know of a couple places in town that sells it. Hopefully I will be able to find it this week!